An eight-week consultation started this week on Reigate & Banstead Borough Council’s draft 2022/23 budget proposals. We are inviting you, as a local stakeholder, to give your views on the draft proposals and to share the consultation with your local contacts.
We are contacting you as we understand you are involved with a local organisation, such as a local community group or residents’ association, that may be interested in our consultations. If you do not wish to hear from us again on our consultations, please click the unsubscribe link in this email.
We hope you will take part. There are two ways to do so:
- Complete our survey: Complete our online feedback form or copy this link to your browser https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/rbbcbudget2022/. You may request a paper copy if you prefer.
- Write to us at email@example.com or send a letter to ‘Freepost RBBC CONSULTATIONS’
The closing date for responses is 17 January 2022.
About the proposed budget recommendations
At its meeting on 18 November, the Executive approved the Council’s draft 2022/23 budget proposals for consultation, including:
- Revenue Budget savings and additional income proposals totalling £566,000, alongside the proposed total Revenue Budget growth of £567,000, meaning a net total budget growth of £1,000,
- forecasting a total of £1.3 million ongoing income budget pressures in 2022/23, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic,
- the Council’s Medium Term Financial Plan Summary
- and Revenue Reserve balances at 1 April 2021 of £41.74 million.
What are the proposals?
The proposals increase some budgets and reduce others, by cutting costs, pausing some planned expenditures and/or finding new sources of income.
Savings are also proposed through the restructuring of some teams, pausing the Council’s small and medium grants scheme for this year, introducing e-billing and a reduction in the frequency of the printed resident magazine, Borough News.
A complete summary of the proposals is on our website where you will also find links to all the background and committee documents if you prefer more detail.
Director and Interim Head of Paid Service